Tuesday 7 April 2015

Well whaddya know?

It was way back in 2010 that I mentioned in a blog post that I had seen some rather strange flowers on one of my walks, and I wondered what they might be, asking anyone who knew to tell me.

As it happens I was looking at the blog post just the other day, feeling just ever-so-slightly sorry for myself that no-one had answered it.  Well today I got an answer from an anonymous commenter. This is what they said:

"I came across this plant in France as well and was just as curious. After a bit of search I found what it was, this is an LATHREA CLANDESTINA, a really interesting plant. There is a nice article about it here:

http://www.kew.org/science-conservation/plants-fungi/lathraea-clandestina-purple-toothwort"

So there you go.  And thanks to my anonymous commenter.  Here's a free pic that has nothing to do with anything.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...