Wednesday 6 September 2017

BBC wildlife attempt No 3

The special characteristic of my new camera is its zoom capability; 84 times optical, or to 2,000mm equivalent for a 35mm camera.   It's certainly more than I can hold steady in my hand - to use that sort of magnification needs a tripod or some other physical stabiliser.  But it means that I have a fighting chance of being able to photograph some wildlife without having to get so close I scare it away.  Assuming that I spot it in the first place, of course.

This bird looks like a cormorant to me, and it was drying its wings on the Mayenne river near Laval the other day.  The wingtips are a bit blurry because it was flapping them about.  Unforgivable in a bird, I know, but there you have it.




3 comments:

CherryPie said...

I think you are going to have fun experimenting with your new camera.

James Higham said...

Great wildlife photographer - 'that bird looks like'. Love it.

Mark In Mayenne said...

Yep, fun with the camera. And James as you can see, my Natural talent is profound!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...